Breckenridge is definitely known for skiing, however, there are a lot of other activities that often get overlooked in this small mountain town. Here is a list of 10 things to check out during the winter months.
1) Mine Tours – Get a sense of what it was like to be a gold miner in the early days of Colorado. Venture over 1,000 feet into a mountain at the Country Boy Mine and listen to stories of the glory days of Colorado mining.
3) Snow Sculpture Championship – Near the end of January contestants from around the world will show off their snow sculpting skills. This is definitely a must see event and one of the best things to do in Breckenridge in the winter.
4) Dog Sledding – We have all seen those dog sledders racing in the Iditarod and have wondered what that would be like. Dog sledding in Breckenridge will allow you to experience this exhilarating sport.
5) Summit Ski Museum – Learn about the history of skiing in Summit County right in Breckenridge, which is known as the first ski town in Colorado.
6) Sledding and Tubing in Breckenridge – A short drive just outside of Breckenridge is the Frisco Nordic Center. This spot offers a free sledding hill and will allow you to fly down a slope of packed powder!
7) Shopping in Breckenridge – Main Street in Breckenridge offers several storefronts, from bookstores to jewelry stores there is definitely a shop for everyone.
8) Sleigh Rides – Take a ride under the stars, sip some cocoa, and have a great dinner. This is a great evening adventure for the family.
9) Ice Skating- The Stephen C. West Ice Arena offers year round ice-skating. Outdoor skating can be found on the Maggie Pond in the winter as well!
10) Walking History Tour – Very inexpensive and perfect for you history buffs, a walking tour through the Breckenridge store district is a great way to spend the afternoon and learn about the history of this small town.
If you are looking for other tips on what to do in Breckenridge other than skiing, give us a call!