Best Summer Activities Near Breck
April 7th, 2017
If you are a person who loves summertime and outdoor activities, look no further than Breckenridge, Colorado. Breckenridge has the perfect combination of sunshine, blue skies and warm but not hot temperatures to make your outdoor adventuring ideal. No mater what kind of activities you like to do, Breckenridge and the surrounding areas have outdoor adventures for all age groups and activity levels. Whether you’re already a seasoned outdoorsman or an amateur just looking for a fun day trip, check out our list of the best summer activities near Breck.
- Rafting: The Summit County area is not only stunningly beautiful, it also has some incredible whitewater. No matter your experience level there is a trip for you
- Horseback Riding: Check out Breckenridge Stables and meander on your horse over streams and through fields. These trips even take place on Breckenridge Mountain and under the ski lifts.
- Biking and Hiking: Breckenridge and the surrounding area has over 16,00 acres of open land. That large amount of space is available for you exploration. Check out the Frisco to Breck bike path for an easy, 8 mile ride. If mountain biking is more your style, take a gander at some of the more competitive races (Firecracker 50 and Breckenridge 100)
- Lake Dillon: You can boat, kayak, SUP, fish and do almost any water activity you can think of on Lake Dillon. One of the coolest things about this lake are the little islands that are only accessible through water craft. They make a little paradise that you can make your own and enjoy all day!
Festivals: Almost every week, somewhere in Summit County has a festival or event. There are free concerts, haunted tours, beer festivals, cooking competitions and more. No matter what time of year you are in Breck you are guaranteed a fun experience with ton of local flair.
- Check out the Wildlife: One of the best parts of being in the mountains are the animals. They are beautiful and in the natural environment, which is not always an easy sight to see. Check out Sapphire Point for a beautiful view of Lake Dillon as well as a chance to feed the baby chipmunks. Foxes are a frequent sight in Breckenridge. Even just strolling though the towns is a fun and unique experience.
As any local will tell you when it comes to Breckenridge, “you’ll come for the winter but stay because of the summer”!