If you are thinking about taking a whitewater rafting trip this summer and have never gone, take our advice and don’t do the following:
- Panic if you fall in the water
- Ignore your guide
- Flail with the paddle
- Stand up in the water
- Swim the rapids
- Don’t wear a lifejacket or PFD
- Not listen during the safety talk
- Stop paddling when a rapid is coming up
- Wear flip flops
- Be rude and demanding to your boat mates. If you fall in they are the ones saving you so be nice.
- Paddle with just your arms and not your whole body.
If you do the exact opposite of this list, such as listening to your guide and wear your gear correctly, you will be sure to have an awesome rafting experience!