5 Reasons to visit Breckenridge this Summer
March 16th, 2015
When thinking of Breckenridge world class skiing typically comes to mind. However, what some people do not realize is that this awesome ski town has just as much to offer its guests in the summer as it does in the winter! Summers in Breckenridge are warm with some afternoon showers– making for beautiful wildflowers and views. There are a plethora of activities available at your fingertips, in addition to more affordable hotels and other accommodations. There are even sales in the retail shops and less visitors to compete for parking spaces with! If you really need convincing take a look at these 5 others reasons to visit Breck this summer!
- Concerts! Throughout the spring and summer seasons, the Riverwalk Center hosts classical and non-classical musical performances. If looking for a unique concert at a smaller intimate venue be sure to check out the Riverwalk schedule online!
- Breckenridge mountain rests on the Ten Mile Range. As such, there is some great hiking and some awesome mountain biking trails right on the mountain!
- What happens when all the snow melts? Well, it feeds our raging rivers that’s what! Breckenridge is in close proximity to not only one, but two major rivers! Whether looking for a half day, full day or an overnight rafting trip, Breckenridge is your starting point for an awesome rafting adventure with Breckenridge Whitewater.
- Looking for a winter fix in the middle of the summer heat? Well fortunately for you the Breckenridge Ice Skating Rink is open year round!
- Breckenridge, throughout the summer hosts a ton of art festivals and has weekly craft fairs! Be sure to pick up your one of the kind artwork and support the local artisans!
Whether you are seeing a concert or walking around the art show, hiking or biking, rafting or skating, Breckenridge is your one stop wonder for summer fun! Be sure to book early for best rates and availability!