There is so much to be discovered and enjoyed when it comes to being out and about in the Colorado area. From the front range to the foothills to the glorious Rocky Mountain territory there is a whole bunch of excuses to OPT-OUTSIDE! Here are at least 5 good ways to go out into the wild of the Centennial State.
Colorado is the state of seasons, and there’s something fun to enjoy in each one of them!
1. Hiking/ Snowshoeing –This activity is great not only for your mental and physical health but also is low costs type of activity. Trails galore all throughout for scenic views that you would only imagine seen in pictures. These places are real. Whether it’s springtime and everything in nature waking up from the Winter to Summer hiking fun, to pretty fall colors, to epic peaks filled with snow. There is so much to enjoy on a trail!
2. Rafting and Ziplining– Summer and Fall exclusive adventures are great outdoor activities that can be fun for the whole family! Here at BWR, we have 2 different Ziplining courses, and 4 different rivers we run off ranging from Class II through V for fun for all experiences! We have trips only 45 minutes away from Denver!
3. Skiing/Snowboarding- Obviously this one is season oriented but is one of the most popular things to do in Colorado! If you are going to be cold outside might as well be cruising down a mountainside to a hot cocoa stand or outback beer! Please check out Breckenridge Ski & Sport for all your winter gear rentals.
4. Water Sports– Whether you have a boat, your own kayak, paddleboard, or need to rent one, these vessels are the perfect excuse to get out in the summer months and enjoy the hotter Colorado weather then cool-down activity on the water
5. Biking- Rent Bikes from Breckenridge Ski & Sport and hit the trails on Boreas Pass with their Breckenridge Bike Shuttle. You can also enjoy the town of Breckenridge on a new E-Bike ( electronic bike) These activities are great from May to October!
Important notes as always are to make sure you are wearing protective gear on these activities, having sunscreen even in the winter months because of high altitude sun exposure, and letting other people know that you are out seeking the next adventure!
Contacts for all your outdoor pleasure are below:
AVA Rafting and Ziplining: 970-423-7031
Breckenridge Ski and Sport Rentals: 970-423-2307
Kremmling Outpost with AVA rentals :970-423-7036
About the Author
Tiffany is a contributing member of the Sales & Marketing department. She resides in Georgetown, CO with her fiancé and two 14-year-old dogs. They like to go for walks along Clear Creek and Georgetown Lake as well as the hiking trail located just behind the house. She also enjoys true crime podcasts and visiting with her parents up in Fort Collins.