With amazing mountain views, tons of outdoor activities, and all of the events going on in Summit County, it might be tempting to move up here full time! If that’s not an option, here are some events you might want to plan your trip around.
- The tiny town of Dillon has an excellent amphitheater that hosts some amazing musicians every Friday and Saturday night all summer long! This concert series draws in lively crowds and is sure to be a fun time for kids and adults alike. Whether you like to get down on the dance floor or lounge on the grassy hill and sip on a Colorado microbrew, you will enjoy spectacular views of Lake Dillon and the Ten Mile and Gore Range. With a variety of musical genres there is sure to be something for everyone. Visit the Town of Dillon website for the lineup this summer. If music isn’t your thing, maybe one of Summit County’s food themed events would tickle your taste buds.
- Frisco, another small town just down the road plays host one of the county’s most mouthwatering events, the Colorado BBQ Challenge! Of all the events in Summit County the Colorado BBQ Challenge is definitely a local’s favorite. The event takes over two full blocks of historic downtown Frisco with hundreds of bbq vendors, beverages, desserts, games, and music. Complete with pig races, a whiskey tour, and a 6k race to burn of some of that bbq you just enjoyed, this is definitely a must attend event. Is bacon one of your favorite things in life? If so Keystone may just become your new favorite place!
- Keystone, a resort community in the heart of Summit County, is host to the Blue Ribbon Bacon Tour, a bacon themed weekend event. Tons of vendors will be serving bacon based treats while you enjoy live music and all of the activities that Keystone Resort has to offer. Moving on to another Summit County town, Breckenridge the home of Breckenridge Whitewater Rafting, is host some amazing events as well.
- Spend the Fourth of July in downtown Breckenridge! A gem of a town here in Summit County, Breckenridge is an excellent place to spend the Fourth of July this summer. Located in a valley, the Breckenridge fireworks display can be seen from nearly everywhere in town. Enjoy the Main Street Parade, a wide variety of restaurants and shopping, and all sorts of fun activities at Breckenridge Resort right in town. Breckenridge is also the proud host of a portion of the USA Pro Challenge.
- Come to Breckenridge and watch some of the world’s top cyclists compete in the USA Pro Challenge. Stage Four of the race starts in Aspen Colorado and end’s in Breckenridge. New this year is the Stage 5 Time Trial that takes place in Breckenridge. Stage 5 will also start women’s three day portion of the USA Pro Challenge, which will be first time since 1988 that men and women will share the same course in a major international race in Colorado.
While planning your rafting trip with Breckenridge Whitewater Rafting this summer keep some of these events in mind, as they can make an excellent addition to any of the plans already slated for your summer vacation!