5 ways to celebrate Memorial Day in the Mountains
May 12th, 2015
Memorial Day is considered one of the most important holidays in United States. As you may know, on Memorial Day we get to pay respect and honor all men and women who served the country. At the same time, this is one of the biggest holidays for friends and families gather to celebrate and have a good time together. If you plan to head to the mountains for this occasion, try to celebrate the event mountain style! Here are 5 ways to celebrate in Breckenridge or anywhere in the mountains:
- Try cookout in the mountains. Carter Park in Breckenridge is a perfect example of a great place to grill and hang out with friends. It is equipped with community grills, table and chairs so you, just bring your goodies. A dog park is nearby so you can take the pooches or let your kids meet some friends there at the playground.
- Go play in Colorado’s playground. With numerous activities to offer, you will need more than just the Memorial Weekend to be able to check everything you want to do off the list! Try some of the best activities around such as whitewater rafting on the Arkansas River with Breckenridge Whitewater, hot air balloon rides, zip lining across the mountain tops or even mountain biking.
- Craft beer lovers, you are in luck! Colorado is one the best craft beer destinations in the country. The 10th Annual Festival of the Brewpubs will be held at the base of Arapahoe Basin during the Memorial Day weekend. There, you can sample some of the best local craft beer such as Breckenridge, Dillon Dam and Back Country. Find out more information here.
- Who doesn’t love a fair especially Wild West style? Eagle County, west of Denver, will host a fair during this great family holiday. This is an opportunity for you to gear up cowboy style enjoy the rodeo show, hop on carnival rides, test some yummy fried food.
- Last but not least, your Memorial Day celebration is not complete without a parade and fireworks! Mountain town people know how to celebrate and have a good time. It might not be as grand as ones you have seen in the city but the level of excitement and how much people appreciate the celebration is second to none.
There are plenty of ways to celebrate the Memorial Day in the different parts of the country. To make this of the most memorable and unique celebration, try one of these 5 options with Breckenridge Whitewater or try them all!