Everything You Need to Know About Ullr Fest 2019 in Breckenridge, Colorado
January 3rd, 2019
Breckenridge will hold its annual celebration of the snow as Ullr Fest 2019 is set to return to the Colorado ski town on January 9-12, with 2019 marking the festival’s 55th consecutive year. Ullr Fest is a unique celebration centered around Breck’s Main Street that never fails to disappoint revelers seeking a party in between sessions on the slopes. Offering various competitions, a parade down Main Street, a bonfire, and more, Ullr Fest 2019 promises to be a party worth attending.
Ullr is the Norse god of the snow and given the abundance of early season snowfall Breckenridge has experienced in 2018, it would seem that he’s in a rather good mood, promising an Ullr Fest 2019 that is surely not to be missed.
ULLR FEST SCHEDULE
Wednesday, January 9
- Ullr Fest 2019 kicks off on January 9 at 6:30 PM at the Riverwalk Center with the crowning of the Ullr King and Queen in which two Breckenridge residents will be recognized for their contributions to the local community.
- This will be immediately followed by the Breck’s Got Talent competition hosted by local radio station Always Mountain Time. These events are free and doors open at 6:00 PM with the first 200 attendees receiving a free beer!
Thursday, January 10
- The party continues on January 10 with the Ullr shot ski at 4:00 PM. Breckenridge is looking to hold the world shot ski record this year after last year’s shot ski boasted 1243 participants spanning 1250 feet down main street.
- The shot ski will be followed at 4:30 PM with the Ullr Parade down Main Street. Parade participants will compete for cash prizes for the parade’s most creative floats.
- Ullr Fest 2019 attendees looking to warm up a bit after the parade can head over to the south gondola parking lot for the Ullr bonfire from 5 PM to 7 PM. Feel free to bring your Christmas tree to help keep the fire burning.
Friday, January 11
- On Friday January 11, festival-goers can take a plunge into the icey cold waters of Maggie Pond at the base of peak 9. Head there between 2:00 PM and 4:00 PM for the Ullr ice plunge. Wearer of the best plunge costume can win a specially decorated Ullr helmet, so come dressed to impress.
- Later that day, warm up with a glass of bourbon-spiked punch at the National Punch Competition Throwdown Finale hosted by Breckenridge distillery from 4:00 pm-6:00pm. Some of the best bartenders around will compete to see who makes the best punch.
- Friday night, be prepared to laugh at the Riverwalk center for a stand-up comedy show featuring comedians Phil Palisoul and Elliott Woolsey starting at 8:00pm.
Saturday, January 12
- An ice-skating party will begin the festivities on Saturday, January 12, the final day of Ullr Fest 2019. Head to the Steven C. West ice arena on Boreas Pass Road from 1:00 PM to 3:00 PM for skating and kids Ullr helmet decorating.
- 3:00 begins the Ullr Fat Tire Bike Race on Main Street where racers will proceed to the French Gulch trail. 70 bikers competed in the race during Ullr Fest 2018.
- Ullr Fest 2019 will conclude back at the Riverwalk Center at 6:00 PM for the Wild and Scenic Film Festival focusing on environmental issues and inspiring nature scenery.
The annual Ullr Festival is one of the best ways to celebrate all that winter in the Rockies has to offer. Head to Breckenridge for what will most definitely be one of the best events of the season.