How Breckenridge Ski Resort is Planning for the 2020-2021 Season
October 27th, 2020
Ski season is right around the corner! Everyone’s got their eye on lift tickets and season passes for the 2020-2021 season to all our favorite places. With COVID-19 forcing early closures earlier during the last ski season, everyone’s been itching to get out on the slopes. Luckily, ski resorts have their plans in place to make the 2020-2021 ski season as safe and fun as possible. The world-class Breckenridge resort is anticipated to open mid-November, and they’ve solidified their operations with an easy-to-use reservation system and different food and beverage services as a level of caution. Here’s how Breckenridge Ski Resort is planning for this winter.
Reservations at Breckenridge Ski Resort
All guests will be required on all Vail Resort mountains, including Breckenridge Ski Resort, to make a reservation for their ski days. They are also limiting lift tickets and prioritizing passholders.
CALENDAR DATES TO REMEMBER
November 6th, 2020: Passholders will be able to make reservations
- The Epic Day Pass is the recommended way to get all the benefits of a passholder while not breaking the bank. It is great to note that not only will you get priority access for reservations but also there is a 20% savings off food, lessons, lodging, and more!
November 13th, 2020: Projected opening date at Breckenridge Ski Resort
December 8th, 2020: Limited lift tickets be on sale for non-pass holders
- The Buddy and Ski-With-A-Friend tickets will be back! These will also require reservations, but they must be made online in advance through epicpass.com and will only be available if capacity for lift ticket purchases are.
- Lift tickets with a duration of 8 days or more and lift tickets featuring multi-resort access will not be returning this season.
HOW TO MAKE A RESERVATION
or call 970-423-7097
Breckenridge Mountain Access and Operations
- Face coverings will be required on the mountain at all times. Neck gaiters and buffs are considered face coverings as long it completely covers a person’s mouth and nose. This includes lift lines and while riding, loading, and unloading on lifts.
- Lifts will be loaded based on related parties.
- Parties of up to six people will able to ride the lift together
- Singles can be seated together on opposite sides of a four-person chairlift.
- Couples can be seated together on opposite sides of a six-person chairlift.
- Singles can be seated together in a larger gondola cabin, but for larger groups they will just load one group at a time.
- Breckenridge Ski Resort will not be accepting cash at all, so be sure to set your credit card limits prior to your ski day(s).
- Ski and Ride School will have different operations as well.
- All lessons will need to be reserved in advance.
- Season-long youth programs will mostly be offered this year for children 7 years of age and older.
- Ages 7 years of age and older: Maximum of 6 people per class
- Ages 5 and 6 years old: Maximum of 4 people per class
- Ages 3 and 4 years old: One-on-one one-hour lessons will be offered, or the chance to join family members on a half day or full day private lesson is an option as well.
Aside from the operational alterations Breckenridge Ski Resort is making for the 2020-2021 season, they’re doing everything they can to make guests as comfortable as possible.
- One big bonus of this season in Breckenridge is the fact the resort is building a sledding hill. The recreation department is filling the Airport Road parking lot just north of downtown Breckenridge, for some fun snow activities away from the ski slopes.
- There are plenty of other fun and free recreational activities that Breckenridge will be offering this winter to give those who may not be able to get a reservation the opportunity for winter excitement. This 9 News article does a great job outlining all the new perks in town.
- Epic Pass holders will be protected from COVID related closures or qualifying cancellations if passholders register for Epic Coverage.
- Epic Coverage comes at no cost to all pass holders this year to give those a piece of mind.
We all are very excited for ski season especially since the last season was cut short. Please wear your mask, maintain social distancing, and of course have fun!